To preserve and enhance understanding of cultural heritage and diversity and to promote the Filipino-American social and economic well-being by fostering teamwork, participation and leadership in the community.
- We believe in the importance and value of each member of the community.
- We believe that cultural heritage that is preserved and shared will enhance understanding and promote good relations in the community.
- Good governance and transparency help build trust and are essential to leadership.
- Teamwork builds strong communities.
- The generation gap can be bridged by involving the youth in the planning and implementation of all activities
HOW DO WE CONDUCT BUSINESS - ROBERTS RULE OF ORDER
- The Basic Parliamentary Procedures is a method by which groups may effectively and properly achieve their aims.
- Effectively –Without confusion; Without wasted time; Without wasted effort
- Properly – Democratically (this means in a way that respects human dignity and the rights and privileges of all)
- The rights of each member must be equal to the rights of all.
- Freedom of speech must be assured in full and free debate.
- The rights of the minorities must be protected.
- The will of the majority must be carried out.
GOALS - ARTICLE 2 OF THE CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS
- To enhance the rich culture, heritage and history of the Filipino Americans through educational, cultural and other events and activities for the best interest of the community.
- To build and maintain a Filipino Community Center that will serve as the institution of Philippine heritage and traditions and as a place for charitable, educational, cultural activities and events.
- To provide workshops, training, seminars and outreach services to economically disadvantaged people, people with disabilities, senior citizens, veterans, and youth in the community.